So I had a few hours of kicking myself today when I found out that I had not been vaccinated for Hepatitis A as a child and that the Hepatitis A vaccine is required to serve a mission. There must be at least six months between the first and second dosage. Hep A is an extremely unpleasant sounding disease that attacks the liver and is transmitted by contact with feces. Yikes! (That's when I ask myself, If I knew I was going to contract Hepatitis A before I left on my mission, would I still go?) Fortunately, after calling the Church missionary department, I found that you really only need to have the first shot before you enter the MTC. You can receive the others in the MTC, in the field, or after you return home.
Moral of the story: If you are planning to serve a mission, go to the doctor asap to get your Hep A vaccination.
No comments:
Post a Comment