Life Motto

"Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart."

Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Waters in Which We Swim

My Dearest Brothers (and male friends),

Because I love you, I thought I would share with you examples of warning signs that you could be shallow:

"I don't know if I should date her... I only think she's pretty 80% of the time." (Referring to an absolutely beautiful woman).

"I saw a picture of your friend and I'm so busy I don't think I'll have any time for the rest of the semester to take her out." (Referring to another absolutely beautiful woman).

"I don't know what it is, but I only like really pretty girls. I mean really pretty. I just can't be attracted to anyone else."

I promise you that shallowness is not the way to happiness. Physical attraction is considered an essential element of romantic relationships for most people; however, a woman's initial physical appeal does not speak to her character or your compatibility. Remember: her stunning looks cannot last. If you see any of these warning signs in you, seek help immediately from a person who will tell you in a loving way that you are, in fact, being shallow.

Love,

Drea

5 comments:

  1. haha are these real comments? You're quite prolific recently btw. Love the posts, keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all real comments. Two of them were made to me in the last few months. One in the last day. I'm glad that my male friends feel comfortable confiding in me, but BLICK!

    And Alicia, I hope you like the title of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what jerks. I'm sad to hear that those are actual comments that people made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read this post I think, "Wow. I sound like I am really opinionated." Then I remember that I am. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you go by 'drea' sometimes? it took me a good fifteen seconds to figure out that that was a variation on your name, and not some stranger appropriating your blog.

    ReplyDelete